from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plow equipped with a double moldboard that turns up the soil on each side of the furrow, often having an attached drill for seed planting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A spear armed with three or more prongs, for striking fish.
- n. One who, or that which, lists or produces a listing; a person or organisation that creates or maintains lists.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes a list or roll.
- n. Same as leister.
- n. A double-moldboard plow which throws a deep furrow, and at the same time plants and covers grain in the bottom of the furrow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In agriculture, an implement, of the nature of a plow, by which open furrows at proper distances from each other are formed, in the bottoms of which maize or other grain is planted by a drill.
- n. One who makes a list or roll; specifically, in some parts of the United States, an appraiser for the purpose of taxation; an officer whose duty it is to make lists of taxable property.
- n. A reader.
- n. A preaching friar; a lector.
- n. See leister.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English surgeon who was the first to use antiseptics (1827-1912)
- n. moldboard plow with a double moldboard designed to move dirt to either side of a central furrow
- n. assessor who makes out the tax lists
From list2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)