from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of turning grain into malt.
- n. The premises where grain is malted.
- v. Present participle of malt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The process of making, or of becoming malt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The artificial production of germination in grain for the purpose of converting its starch into the greatest possible amount of sugar, as a preparation for brewing, or the conversion by fermentation of this sugar into alcohol.
- n. A place where malting is carried on.
Sorry, no etymologies found.