from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Pasta in large-sized tubes.
- n. A dish consisting of such tubes stuffed with meat or cheese, usually served hot with a tomato sauce.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Wide tubes of pasta filled with a savoury stuffing and baked in the oven.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Tubular large noodles that are usually stuffed with mild cheese and baked in tomato sauce; -- a type of Italian pasta; also a dish of such noodles thus prepared.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large pasta tubes stuffed with chopped meat or mild cheese and baked in tomato sauce
Italian, pl. of manicotto, muff, from manica, sleeve, from Latin manicae, sleeves, from manus, hand; see man-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Italian muffs (Wiktionary)