from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A box in which to keep matches.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small cardboard box in which matches are kept.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a box for holding matches. See first match, n.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A box for holding matches.
- n. Milit., same as match-pipe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a box for holding matches
match + box (Wiktionary)