from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A percussion instrument consisting of a graduated series of metal bars struck with either hand-held or keyboard-controlled hammers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any musical instrument consisting of tuned metal bars which are struck to make sound.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument like a pianoforte, but having metal bars instead of strings.
- n. An instrument like the xylophone, but having metallic instead of wooden bars.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pianoforte with graduated metal bars instead of strings.
- n. An instrument like the xylophone, but with metallic instead of wooden bars.
Sorry, no etymologies found.