from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The approach of darkness; dusk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The close of the day; the coming of night.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The close of the day; the arrival of the night; the period at and just after dusk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fall of night; the close of the day; evening.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the time of day immediately following sunset
From night + fall. (Wiktionary)