from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cardinal number equal to 1030.
- n. Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1054.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. 1030.
- n. 1054.
- n. An unspecified very large number.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. According to the French and American notation, a thousand octillions, or a unit with thirty ciphers annexed; according to the English notation, a million octillions, or a unit with fifty-four ciphers annexed. See the Note under numeration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The number produced by involving a million to the ninth power, denoted by unity with fifty-four ciphers annexed; or, according to the French and American system of numeration, the number denoted by unity with thirty ciphers annexed.
French : Latin nōnus, ninth; see nona- + French million, million (from Old French milion; see million).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
non- (“nine”) + -illion (Wiktionary)