from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a style of art in which natural objects are not represented realistically; nonobjective.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not representational.
- adj. That does not represent a physical object realistically.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. not intended to realistically represent a physical object; -- of visual art work. Opposite of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a style of art in which objects do not resemble those known in physical nature
non- + representational (Wiktionary)