from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The exploration and scientific study of the ocean and its phenomena. Also called oceanology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The exploration and scientific study of the oceans and ocean floor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A description of the ocean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of the ocean: a special branch of geography.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of science dealing with physical and biological aspects of the oceans
ocean + -ography (Wiktionary)