from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to movements of the eyeball: an oculomotor muscle.
- adj. Of or relating to the oculomotor nerve.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to movement of the eyeball
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the movement of the eye; -- applied especially to the common motor nerves (or third pair of cranial nerves) which supply many of the muscles of the orbit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Moving the eyeball: applied to the third cranial nerve, which supplies the muscles moving the eyeball, except the superior oblique and external rectus.
- n. The oculomotor nerve. See I.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. supplies extrinsic muscles of the eye
Latin oculus, eye; see okw- in Indo-European roots + motor.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)