from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An elderly person.
- n. A person with considerable tenure or experience in a given place or activity; a veteran.
- n. Informal Something very old or antiquated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who has been around for a long time or has a great deal of experience; a veteran.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who retains the views and customs of former days; an old person who clings to habits and modes of thought now obsolete.
- n. One who has long occupied a given place or position; one who has grown old in a place, profession, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an experienced person who has been through many battles; someone who has given long service
- n. an elderly man
Sorry, no etymologies found.