from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being old; age.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being old; old age.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being old, in any of the senses of that word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the opposite of youngness
- n. the quality of being old; the opposite of newness
Old English ealdnes, corresponding to old + -ness. (Wiktionary)