from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Moving or tending forward.
- adv. In a direction or toward a position that is ahead in space or time; forward.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Moving forward.
- adv. In a forward direction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Moving in a forward direction; tending toward a contemplated or desirable end; forward
- adj. Advanced in a forward direction or toward an end.
- adv. Toward a point before or in front; forward; progressively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- By or in advance; forward; on; toward the front or a point ahead; ahead: as, to move onward, literally or figuratively.
- Forward; continuously on.
- Forth; forward in time.
- Synonyms Forward, Onward. See forward.
- Advancing; moving on or forward.
- Forward; forwarding: said of progress or advancement.
- Advanced as regards progress or improvement; forward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a forward direction
- adv. forward in time or order or degree
on + -ward (Wiktionary)