from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology Any of a group of mountain nymphs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mountain nymph. An anthropomorphic appearance of the spirit of a mountain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the nymphs of mountains and grottoes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Greek myth, a mountain nymph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) one of the mountain nymphs
Latin Orēas, Orēad-, from Greek Oreias, from oreios, of a mountain, from oros, mountain.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)