from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To sleep beyond one's usual or intended time for waking.
- transitive v. To sleep beyond the time for: I overslept my appointment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To involuntarily stay sleeping longer than planned.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To sleep beyond.
- intransitive v. To sleep too long.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To sleep beyond: as, to oversleep the usual hour of rising.
- To sleep beyond the proper or desired time of waking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. sleep longer than intended
Sorry, no etymologies found.