from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To spend more than is prudent or necessary.
- transitive v. To spend in excess of: overspend one's income.
- transitive v. To tire out; exhaust: was overspent with toil.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To spend too much money; especially, to spend more than one earns.
- n. the amount by which someone or something is overspent
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. spend more than available of (a budget)
- v. spend at a high rate
Sorry, no etymologies found.