from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rounded convex molding, often a quarter section of a circle or ellipse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A classical convex moulding carved with an egg-and-dart ornament.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A round, convex molding. See Illust. of column.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Roman and later architecture, a convex molding forming in section a quarter of a circle. Also called quarter-round.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a convex molding having a cross section in the form of a quarter of a circle or of an ellipse
Obsolete Italian, diminutive of uovo, ovo, egg, from Latin ōvum.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Italian, from Latin ovum ("egg"). (Wiktionary)