from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending toward perfection.
- adj. Grammar Of, related to, or being the aspect that expresses the completion or the result of the action denoted by the verb.
- n. Grammar The perfective aspect.
- n. Grammar A perfective verb form.
- n. Grammar A verb having a perfective form.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relative to the perfect tense or perfective aspect.
- adj. Tending to make perfect, or to bring to perfection.
- n. a perfective verb form
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending or conducing to make perfect, or to bring to perfection; -- usually followed by of.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending or conducing to perfecting or perfection.
- In grammar, expressing completed or perfected action, as a verb.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tense of verbs used in describing action that has been completed (sometimes regarded as perfective aspect)
- n. the aspect of a verb that expresses a completed action
Sorry, no etymologies found.