from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or involving any of various methods by which plates are prepared for printing by means of photography.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to any of several methods of printing via a plate which has been prepared photographically, and can contain both text and images
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or designating, any photographic process in which a printing surface is obtained without the intervention of hand engraving.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or consisting in the mechanical production of pictures by the aid of light, as in photoengraving, photolithography, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or involving various methods of using photography to make plates for printing
photo- + mechanical (Wiktionary)