from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A game played on a device in which the player operates a plunger to shoot a ball down or along a slanted surface having obstacles and targets, often equipped with flippers to keep the ball in play.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A game, played on a device with a sloping base, in which the player operates a spring-loaded plunger to shoot a ball, between obstacles, and attempts to hit targets and score points.
- n. The ball used in pinball.
- n. A situation where a ball is frantically kicked between many players.
- v. To dart about rapidly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as bead-sight. Also called pinball-sight.
- n. A small round pincushion, usually made on cardboard: sometimes of other forms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a game played on a sloping board; the object is to propel marbles against pins or into pockets
Sorry, no etymologies found.