from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the placenta, or to the Placentalia
- adj. Having a placenta
- n. Any animal that is a member of the Placentalia
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the placenta; having, or characterized by having, a placenta.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Placentalia.
- n. One of the Placentalia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the placenta.
- Forming or constituted by a placenta: as, placental gestation; a placental part of the chorion.
- Provided with a placenta; placentate or placentary: as, a placental mammal.
- n. A placental mammal; any member of the Placentalia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. mammals having a placenta; all mammals except monotremes and marsupials
- adj. pertaining to or having or occurring by means of a placenta
Sorry, no etymologies found.