from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a culture not having a written language.
- n. A person belonging to such a culture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. that has not yet developed a written language
- adj. who has not yet learned to read and write
- n. a member of such a culture
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not yet having acquired the ability to read and write
- adj. used of a society that has not developed writing
Sorry, no etymologies found.