from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Serving or tending to prepare or make ready; preliminary.
- n. Something that prepares for or acts as a preliminary to something following.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That serves to prepare something
- adj. preliminary or preparatory
- n. Something to be done in preparation; a preliminary
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to prepare or make ready; having the power of preparing, qualifying, or fitting; preparatory.
- n. That which has the power of preparing, or previously fitting for a purpose; that which prepares.
- n. That which is done in the way of preparation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Serving or tending to prepare or make ready; preparatory.
- a business meeting, or meeting for discipline, held before the monthly meeting, to which it is subordinate;
- the organization which holds the meeting. Each monthly meeting has usually two or more preparative meetings connected with it.
- n. That which is preparatory; something that prepares or paves the way; a preparatory measure or act.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. preceding and preparing for something
Sorry, no etymologies found.