from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman who is pregnant for the first time.
- n. A woman who has given birth to only one child.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman during or after her first pregnancy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman who bears a child for the first time.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woman who bears a child for the first time: correlated with nullipara, multipara.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (obstetrics) woman who has been delivered of a child for the first time
Latin prīmipara : prīmus, first; see per1 in Indo-European roots + -para, -para.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)