from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of prompt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of inciting, instigating, suggesting, or reminding.
- n. An incitement or impulse, especially from inner desires or motives: as, the promptings of affection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cue given to a performer (usually the beginning of the next line to be spoken)
- n. persuasion formulated as a suggestion
Sorry, no etymologies found.