from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A writer or composer of psalms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A composer of psalms
- n. A composer of one of the Biblical Psalms
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A writer or composer of sacred songs; -- a title particularly applied to David and the other authors of the Scriptural psalms.
- n. A clerk, precentor, singer, or leader of music, in the church.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A writer or composer of psalms; especially, one of the authors of the psalms in the Bible; specifically, David.
- n. In early Christian music, a cantor or other official of the minor clergy charged with the singing of church music.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a composer of sacred songs
Sorry, no etymologies found.