from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Either of two muscles of the loin that rotate the hip joint and flex the spine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either of two muscles, the psoas major and psoas minor involved in flexion of the trunk
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An internal muscle arising from the lumbar vertebræ and inserted into the femur. In man there are usually two on each side, and the larger one, or great psoas, forms a part of the iliopsoas.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A muscle of the loins and pelvis; the tenderloin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. either of two muscles of the abdomen and pelvis that flex the trunk and rotate the thigh
New Latin, from Greek psoa.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)