from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who bets (punts) against the bank (banque).
- n. One who oars or poles a punt (pontoon).
- n. One who punts a football.
- n. one who gambles. See speculator.
- n. A customer of a commercial establishment, frequently of a pub or (alternatively) of a prostitute.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who punts; specifically, one who plays against the banker or dealer, as in baccara and faro.
- n. One who punts a football; also, one who propels a punt.
- n. A scalper.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who fishes or hunts in a punt.
- n. One who punts a boat.
- n. One who marks the points in the game of basset; a marker.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (football) a person who kicks the football by dropping it from the hands and contacting it with the foot before it hits the ground
- n. someone who propels a boat with a pole
- n. someone who bets
Sorry, no etymologies found.