from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The 15th-century period of Italian art and literature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The 1400s, the fifteenth-century Renaissance Italian period.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The fifteenth century, when applied to Italian art or literature.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fifteenth century considered as an epoch of art or literature, and especially in connection with Italy: as, the Sculpture of the quattrocento.
- Belonging to, or living or produced in, the fifteenth century; of the style of the fifteenth century: as, quattrocento sculpture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 15th century in Italian art and literature
Italian, short for (mil) quattrocento, one thousand four hundred : quattro, four (from Latin quattuor; see kwetwer- in Indo-European roots) + cento, hundred (from Latin centum; see dekm̥ in Indo-European roots).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)