from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To freeze (food) by a process sufficiently rapid to retain natural flavor, nutritional value, or other properties.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A chamber or device in which the temperature may be rapidly lowered to below to freezing point.
- v. To rapidly reduce the temperature of something to below the freezing point, thereby preserving some aspect of it (such as position or flavor) that would otherwise be lost during the freezing process.
- v. Preserved in an unaltered state, reminiscent of quick-freezing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. freeze rapidly so as to preserve the natural juices and flavors
From quick + freeze. (Wiktionary)