from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A march for accompanying quick time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fast foxtrot noted for its complex and intricate footwork.
- v. To dance the quickstep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A lively, spirited march; also, a lively style of dancing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Milit., a march in quick time—that is, at the rate of 110 steps per minute.
- n. Music adapted to such a rapid march, or in a brisk march rhythm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a ballroom dance with both quick and slow steps
- v. perform a quickstep
- n. military march accompanying quick time
quick + step. (Wiktionary)