from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To compose again; reorganize or rearrange.
- transitive v. To restore to composure; calm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to compose again
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To compose again; to form anew; to put together again or repeatedly.
- transitive v. To restore to composure; to quiet anew; to tranquilize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Specifically, in optics, to recombine, as the dispersed or scattered constituents of a complex beam of light.
Sorry, no etymologies found.