from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sudden reddening of the visual field accompanied by severe headache and caused by engorgement of the blood vessels of the head when a person is subjected to a negative force of gravity, as in stunt flying.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See redoubt.
- n. In fortification, a general name for nearly every class of works wholly inclosed and undefended by reëntering or flanking angles.
- n. Synonyms See fortification.
- In heraldry, bent in many angles: noting a cross with hooked extremities, in the form of the fylfot or swastika.
- n. A simplified and former spelling of redoubt.
Sorry, no etymologies found.