from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. Archaic To refresh with food and drink.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To refresh; restore after hunger or fatigue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To restore after hunger or fatigue; to refresh.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To refresh; restore after hunger or fatigue; repair.
- Recovered; restored; refreshed.
Latin reficere, refect-, to refresh : re-, re- + facere, to make; see dhē- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)