from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The fusion of two blocks of ice by pressure.
- n. Successive melting under pressure and freezing when pressure is relaxed at the interface of two blocks of ice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The fusion of two pieces of ice by pressure (which lowers its freezing point)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of freezing anew, or together,as two pieces of ice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The phenomenon of congelation and cohesion exemplified by two pieces of melting ice when brought into contact at a temperature above the freezing-point.
re- + gelation (Wiktionary)