from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of rebroadcasting a recorded movie or a recorded television performance.
- transitive v. To present a rerun of.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A television program shown after its initial presentation — particularly many weeks after its initial presentation; a repeat.
- n. A political candidate who holds the same political agenda or doctrine as a past or incumbent holder of a given political office.
- v. To run (a previously broadcast television program) again.
- v. To run (a race) again.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. broadcast again, as of a film
- v. rerun a performance of a play, for example
- v. run again for office
- n. a program that is broadcast again
- v. cause to perform again
re- + run (Wiktionary)