from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or constituting a residue.
- adj. Law Entitled to the residue of an estate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to a residue; residual; left over, when the main portion has been removed.
- adj. With respect to a will, relating to the portion of an estate which was not disposed of in the will, or for which the directions in the will could not be carried out.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of residue; ; pertaining to the residue, or part remaining.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a residue or residuum; forming a residue, or part not dealt with: as, residuary estate (the portion of a testator's estate not devised specially).
- In geology, noting the insoluble portion of a series of rocks which have been long exposed to weathering. The soluble portion having been leached away, only the residuum remains, as, for example, clays from limestone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. entitled to the residue of an estate (after payment of debts and specific gifts)
- adj. relating to or indicating a remainder
Sorry, no etymologies found.