from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A male animal with one or two undescended testicles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. male animal with at least one testicle still in the intestinal canal
- n. imperfectly castrated male
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A half-castrated male animal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as ridgel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a colt with undescended testicles
From obsolete ridgel, perhaps from ridge (from the belief that the undescended testicles remained near the animal's back).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
ridge + -ling, presumably from the supposition the remaining testicle(s) remain(s) near the back (Wiktionary)