from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pulp-filled channel in a root of a tooth.
- n. A treatment in which diseased tissue from this part of the tooth is removed and the resulting cavity is filled with an inert material.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The hollow part of the root of a tooth containing the nerve and blood vessels.
- n. A surgical operation on a root canal, typically filling it with gutta-percha.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the passage in the root of a tooth through which its nerve and blood vessels enter the pulp cavity
Sorry, no etymologies found.