from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a rough manner.
- adv. Unevenly; harshly; rudely; severely; austerely.
- adv. Imprecise but close to in quantity or amount; approximately.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a rough manner; unevenly; harshly; rudely; severely; austerely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a rough manner; with physical roughness or coarseness; without smoothness or finish; in an uneven or irregular manner as to surface or execution.
- With asperity of manner or effect; coarsely; harshly; gruffly; rudely; gratingly; austerely.
- Without precision or exactness; approximately; in a general way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with rough motion as over a rough surface
- adv. (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct
- adv. with roughness or violence (`rough' is an informal variant for `roughly')
rough + -ly (Wiktionary)