from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Heavy paper coated on one side with sand or other abrasive material and used for smoothing surfaces.
- transitive v. To rub with or as if with sandpaper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a strong paper coated with sand or other abrasive material for smoothing and polishing.
- n. a sheet of such paper
- v. To polish or grind (a surface) with or as if with sandpaper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Paper covered on one side with sand glued fast, -- used for smoothing and polishing.
- transitive v. To smooth or polish with sandpaper.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Stout paper coated with hot glue and then sprinkled with sharp sand of different degrees of fineness.
- To rub, smooth, or polish with sandpaper.
- Hence, figuratively To make smooth or even; polish, as a literary composition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. stiff paper coated with powdered emery or sand
- v. rub with sandpaper
sand + paper (Wiktionary)