from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or involving blood or bloodshed.
- adj. Having the color of blood; blood-red.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Accompanied by bloodshed; bloody
- adj. Eager for bloody violence; bloodthirsty
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abounding with blood; sanguine.
- adj. Of or pertaining to blood; bloody; constituting blood.
- adj. Blood-red; crimson.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to blood; bloody.
- Of a deep-red or crimson color; specifically, in zoology and botany, of a deep, somewhat brownish, red color, like the color of clotted blood.
- Possessing a circulatory system; having blood.
- A bounding with blood; having a full habit; plethoric.
- Having a sanguine temperament; ardent; hopeful; confident.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. accompanied by bloodshed
From Latin sanguineus, from sanguis, sanguin-, blood.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin sanguineus. (Wiktionary)