from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pile or heap of waste material.
- n. A place for discarding useless or worthless material.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pile in which junk is discarded.
- n. A collection of discarded or rejected items or ideas.
- n. A junkyard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pile of discarded metal
- n. an accumulation of refuse and discarded matter
scrap + heap (Wiktionary)