from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The second part in a concert piece, especially the lower part in a piano duet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The second part in a concerted piece.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music, the second performer or lower part in a duet, especially a pianoforte duet: opposed to primo. Also second.
- Second: used of instruments or their parts in an orchestra: as, violino secondo, second violin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the second or lower part of a duet (especially a piano duet)
Italian, from Latin secundus, second, following; see sekw-1 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)