from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, containing, resembling, or derived from sediment.
- adj. Geology Of or relating to rocks formed by the deposition of sediment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. A form of rock made by the deposition and compression of small particles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to sediment; formed by sediment; containing matter that has subsided.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geology, formed by deposition of materials previously held in suspension by water: nearly synonymous with aqueous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. produced by the action of water
- adj. resembling or containing or formed by the accumulation of sediment
From Latin sedere, to sit. (Wiktionary)