from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A supply of seed for planting.
- n. A source of new entities: a seed stock of salmon in the river.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stock of seed.
- n. Any supply for planting in general.
- n. Any source of new (notably young) individuals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a supply of seeds (or tubers) reserved for planting
Sorry, no etymologies found.