from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Due respect for oneself, one's character, and one's conduct.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The knowledge of one's own worth, valuing one's self; pride.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Respect for one's self; regard for one's character; laudable self-esteem.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Respect for one's self or for one's own character; a proper regard for and care of one's own person and character; the feeling that only very good actions are worthy of the standard which one has generally maintained, and up to which one has acted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being worthy of esteem or respect
self- + respect (Wiktionary)