from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Describing a ratio of 3:2
- n. An organ stop that uses two ranks of different pipes
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music:
- n. An interval having the ratio 1:1½ or 2:3—that is, a perfect fifth.
- n. A rhythm in which three minims are made equal to a preceding two. Compare hemiolia.
- n. In organ-building, a variety of mixture.
This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology. (Wiktionary)