from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person employed to remove the wool from sheep using shears.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. one who shears cloth and frees it from superfluous nap.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who shears
- n. A dyadic determining a simple shear.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a workman who uses shears to cut leather or metal or textiles
- n. Scottish ballet dancer and actress (born in 1926)
- n. a skilled worker who shears the wool off of sheep or other animals
Sorry, no etymologies found.