from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of shirr.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made or gathered into a shirr.
- adj. Broken into an earthen dish and baked over the fire; -- said of eggs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Puckered or gathered, as by shirring: as, a shirred bonnet.
- Having india-rubber or elastic cords woven in the texture, so as to produce shirring.
- In cookery, poached in cream: said of eggs.
Sorry, no etymologies found.